noticed that this page is in quite high demand... First a pretty please
to all of you 16902 fans. Please help me pay for my server, and click
on one or two of the links provided by Google! Of course it's no obligation, and of course only click links that seem interesting to you!
Here's a small help
for those of you who haven't been able to install the English version
of the great game "Anno 1602 A.D. - Creation of a New World" while running
Windows XP on their PC. The following information, I received from Sunflowers
themselves, for free, so I won't be violating any copyrights; I hope this can be of some
To make 1602 run under Windows XP, you'll have to download this
registry file. It's currently zipped. Unzip it, and double click on
the file, the rest will go almost automatically.
Next you'll have to edit your system registry. For those who don't know
this, click Start -> Run -> Regedit. The rest you need to know I
copy pasted from the email I got from Sunflowers:
Please follow this steps carefully to install 1602:
1. Create a folder [ANNO 1602] on your hard drive in the main directory.
2. Copy all files (except [MUSIC8] and [VIDEOSMK] from the file [ANNO
1602] on the CD ROM to your newly created file and remove the write protection.
3.Double click on the Registryfile you received with the package and enter
your data in the Windows Registry.
4. Search for the entry "ANNO1602" in the Registry.
5. Change the value (the letter of the drive) from the key CDROM_DIR to
the CD ROM drive that is intended for using the game.
6. Change the value (the letter of the drive) from the key INSTALL_DIR
to the hard drive where the [ANNO 1602] folder is located.
7. Close the registry and create a symbolic link from the 1602.exe and
start. The ANNO 1602 CD has to be in the drive
I worked this through, and here it works! Enjoy playing!